UWGC Social Justice & Racial Equity Grant
Request for Letters of Interest & Information for Prospective Applicants
Narrative / Summary:
The United Way of Gloucester County (UWGC) is looking to provide financial support to non-profits serving residents of Gloucester County as part of a new initiative. Our intention is to provide one-time competitive grants to help advance social justice for racial minority populations in Gloucester County. Proposals must identify specific impediments to racial equity and describe how the project will help to reduce them. Equity is understood to be a condition in which a racial group is able to enjoy the same levels of financial well-being, personal health, educational attainment, or legal protection as other groups in the community.
Please read through the information provided below for expectations. Only agencies that have submitted letters of interest will be considered for the next step of the process. This initiative offers funding support beyond the regular UWGC grant process.
Each grant will be awarded on a one-time basis to support a community program within Gloucester County that is designed to address circumstances or dynamics that are inequitable or that contribute to racial/ethnic disparities in regard to economic, educational, legal, or health-related outcomes for County residents. Consideration will be limited to programs that are new or significantly enhanced.
In addition to staffing costs, funds may be used for the purchase of supplies and equipment and training that is essential for program operations.
Submissions are limited to one letter of interest for one program per agency.
What to include in Letter of Interest:
- Overview of Your Organization
- Year founded
- Staff size
- Overview of What You Do
- Programs and services
- Numbers served
- Gloucester County focus
- Target and beneficiary populations
- Your Request of United Way of Gloucester County
- Amount of funding
- Nature and purpose of requested funds
- Outcome measurement overview
- Scalability of program/project
UWGC will only consider applicants that meet the following criteria:
- Organization must be a non-profit 501(c)(3)
- Must have a physical location and provide services to residents of Gloucester County
- Local organization, not a part of a national organization
Agencies that are not currently funded UWGC Partner Agencies are encouraged to submit.
Letters of Interest will be submitted online through Google Forms:
- Completed Letter as a “Word” or PDF document
- Submit a copy of 501(c)3 tax-exempt verification from the IRS showing your agency’s EIN number
- Submitted Contact information for agency/program
Letters of Interest and supporting documents must be submitted by 12:00 Noon (EST)
on Friday, September 3, 2021