Small Business Program
For only a dollar a day, or $365 a year, your business becomes a member of the LIVE UNITED 365 Small Business Circle. United Way of Gloucester County (UWGC) has created an easy, affordable, and effective way for companies with fewer than 35 employees to give back to their community. Being a 365 Small Business Circle member aligns your business with the strong LIVE UNITED brand, recognized as one of the Top 10 most recognizable nonprofit brands in the world. You will receive an exclusive LIVE UNITED 365 Small Business Circle decal to display and show your customers your commitment to the community, plus you’ll receive many other member benefits. Use your Google account to sign up for this important program electronically!
To learn more about the 365 Small Business Circle, please contact Donna Murphy at 856-845-4303 ext. 180 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Riggs Creative Group is proud to support our Gloucester County neighbors in need by being a 365 Small Business Circle member, and by offering 10% off the cost of your creative services (up to $100 value) to all those who participate in the employee giving program. Especially during times of uncertainty, every contribution matters and the United Way ensures the funds you give go to solve pressing needs in our community.
United Way of Gloucester County is Pleased to Announce
that the 2023 Live United Mini-Grants Have Been Awarded
that the 2023 Live United Mini-Grants Have Been Awarded
The United Way of Gloucester County is pleased to announce that 22 local nonprofits will receive funding from the Live United Mini-Grant Program this year. These grants will go toward programs that provide services to Gloucester County residents. Funds were generated by the members of the Live United 365 Small Business Circle, an initiative for small businesses to give back to the community.
The investment made to UWGC by Members of the Live United 365 Small Business Circle has provided funding up to $1,000 for each program or agency to conduct life-changing work in Gloucester County. Since 2015, this initiative has supported 107 programs and has raised over $129,000 to provide life changing services to Gloucester County residents.
To learn more about the United Way of Gloucester County or to donate, please visit our website. For more information about the Live United Mini-Grant Program, contact Michael Gower, Executive Director, at 856-845-4303 ext. 140 or email at email@example.com.
The following organizations received Mini-Grants for Year 2023:
- A Champion’s Heart. A Champion’s Heart teaches, coaches, trains, and empowers youth, and those who work with youth, by instilling essential life skills, coping, techniques, and values. The funds from the Live United Mini-Grant will go towards supporting their Precious Cargo program which provides duffel bags to youth in foster care to help transport their possessions as they are moved from home to home.
- Angels Community Outreach. Angels Community Outreach aims to give a hand up to those in need and spread kindness. They provide clothing, toiletries, food, and more at no cost to those financially in need. The funds from the Live United Mini-Grant will go towards their NutriSnack Heroes project which provides nutritious snacks to children facing food insecurity during after-school hours.
- BookSmiles. BookSmiles promotes literacy and the joy of reading by giving new or gently used books to children to lay the foundation for academic success. Funds provided by the Live United Mini-Grant will be used to purchase books that feature diverse characters as well as bilingual books with Spanish text. These books will be distributed to teachers from Title I schools who will be able to take the books back to the children in their districts.
- Boys & Girls Club of Gloucester County. The Boys & Girls Club of Gloucester County will use funds from the Live United Mini-Grant to support two educational programs, Power Hour and Project Learn. Power Hour provides members, aged 6 to 13 years, with the support, resources, and guidance necessary to complete their homework. Project Learn is a multi-dimensional learning program tailored to the needs and interests of club members. This grant will provide critically needed supplies, such as science kits, math remediation supplies, and calculators to the programs.
- Center for Independent Living of South Jersey. The Live United Mini-Grant will provide funds for the Center for Independent Living of South Jersey’s Weekly Food Pantry program. CIL-SJ holds a weekly accessible drive -through pantry and offers free delivery for clients who cannot find transportation. This program aims to meet the immediate needs for food and basic supplies of vulnerable groups like those living with disabilities and low-income communities of color. The funds will be used to purchase food and stock the pantry for the 120-160 people it feeds a month, many of whom are disabled and low-income.
- Clarifi, Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Delaware Valley. Clarifi provides necessary resources to empower individuals to achieve financial resilience and positively empower communities. Funding from the Live-United Mini-Grant will provide one-on-one financial counseling sessions to 10 low-to-moderate income (LMI) families in Gloucester County. Counseling helps individuals reach a variety of goals such as purchasing a home, avoiding foreclosure, reducing overall debts, increasing credit scores, and creating and maintaining spending plans and budgets.
- Emmanuel Cancer Foundation. Emmanuel Cancer Foundation provides free support to NJ families facing pediatric cancer, including in-home counseling and a lifeline to those overwhelmed by the financial strains associated with cancer treatment. Nearly 60% of ECF families live below the poverty level. The Live United Mini-Grant will provide supermarket and gas gift cards to families in need, helping to ensure the families of cancer patients have gas in their cars for doctor appointments and food on the table.
- The FAF Coalition. The FAF Coalition champions initiatives in arts, culture, and sustainable design as a catalyst for community development and economic revitalization. The funds from the Live United Mini-Grant will go towards supporting their Cultural Creations program which offers a series of craft tables that celebrate and embrace the racial and ethnic diversity present in the Gloucester County community.
- Greater Woodbury Cooperative Ministries, Inc. The Greater Woodbury Cooperative Ministries Food Pantry is an all-volunteer emergency food program located in Woodbury. The Live United Mini-Grant program will provide funds to the food pantry for the purchase of fresh produce to distribute to Gloucester County residents in need of food assistance. This funding will supplement the pantry’s government commodities for one month and provide clients a healthy balanced diet.
- Gloucester County Habitat for Humanity. Gloucester County Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope. The funds from the Live United Mini-Grant will cover the cost for 12 Habitat homebuyers and low-income Gloucester County residents to complete a financial education course. The course provides financial literacy, day-to-day money skills, and on-on-one counseling that will make a great impact for the future of these families’ lives and ensure their success in becoming a homebuyer.
- The Lighthouse Community Center. The Lighthouse Community Center helps people navigate life through education, mentoring, job and life skills training, and keeping people from danger by providing for physical, emotional, and relational needs. Funding will support their Free Hot Meal Distribution program. This program provides over 300 healthy and nutritious meals every month. The Live United Mini-Grant will go towards purchasing groceries, fresh produce, and containers for food distribution.
- Newfield Terrace Community Action Organization. Newfield Terrace Community Action Organization works to improve the lives of youth in our community by offering enrichment programming. Funding from the Live United Mini-Grant will go towards their Exposing Youth to New Ways of Expression and Addressing Racial Disparities program. This program offers youth enrichment programming for youth ages 5-15 living in Gloucester County, and funding will support up to 15 program participants.
- Partners in Learning. Partners in Learning provides young children with autism spectrum disorder the highest quality Applied Behavior Analysis program in the least restrictive, natural setting. Additionally, their community preschool offers early childhood education for children both with and without disabilities. The Live United Mini-Grant funding will go towards replacing broken tables and chairs that are used for art, fine motor skill development, and meals for 27 children.
- Paulsboro Midget Football Organization. The Paulsboro Midget Football Organization has provided youth in the Paulsboro community with the opportunity to participate in football and cheerleading for over 40 years. The Live United Mini-Grant funding will assist the organization in creating a Caring Closet which will provide youth with essential personal care items such as hair care, body wash, deodorant, and other personal care products. The Caring Closet will aim to make personal hygiene a reality for all youth in the program, as currently for many of the participants, these items are inaccessible and unaffordable.
- Pegasus Education Foundation. The Pegasus Education Foundation enhances and enriches teaching and learning in the Paulsboro Public School District and helps prepare and inspire the academic pursuits of students from preschool through high school The Live United Mini-Grant funding will pay the tuition for at least 4 Paulsboro High School students participating in dual credit and high school option program courses at Rowan College of South Jersey and Salem Community College.
- People for People Foundation of Gloucester County, Inc. With the Live United Mini-Grant funding, the People for People Foundation will be able to provide support and food for 8-10 veterans in Gloucester County. The People for People Foundation’s Combating Food Insecurity program aims to provide assistance and advocacy to those who are normally self-sufficient but who have faced social and/or financial hardship due to unforeseen circumstances. The program serves low to moderate income individuals and families and places an emphasis on assisting veterans.
- Professional Trainers Advancing Humanity Initiative Inc. (P.T.A.H.) P.T.A.H. develops students and young adults into responsible and respectable leaders, entrepreneurs, athletes, and role models. The Live United Mini-Grant funds will benefit the academic growth and learning abilities of approximately 25 students in their Leaders of Today Learning Center program. This program provides comprehensive support and assistance to 1st through 6th grade students by offering tutoring, homework help, test preparation, study skills development, and overall academic guidance.
- SHADOW Equestrian, Inc. SHADOW Equestrian provides low-cost therapeutic riding instruction for physically and mentally disabled children. Funds from the Live United Mini-Grant will be used to purchase helmets for new riders as well as replacement helmets for current riders. These new equestrian riding helmets will help ensure the safety and comfort of all riders.
- South Jersey Dream Center. The Live United Mini-Grant will provide support to South Jersey Dream Center’s distribution of food, clothing, household, and essential baby items to those in need. Their Weekly Curbside Resource Pickup program provides basic needs to community residents that need essentials to support themselves and their families. The South Jersey Dream Center will use funds from the Live United Mini-Grant to purchase grocery gift cards to distribute to program participants in need.
- South Jersey Robotics. South Jersey Robotics inspires young people to be excited by science and technology through mentor-based programs in South Jersey. Funds from the Live United Mini-Grant will be used to benefit approximately 300 youth in the organization’s SPARK program, which benefits the changing needs of K-4 youth in Gloucester County. Funds will be used to purchase reusable LEGO education kits and technology tablets to increase STEM interest, skill building, and pathways.
- Wheels of Change. Wheels of Change provides basic living necessities to families in need. Funding from the Live United Mini-Grant will support the organization’s upcoming Gloucester County Community Baby Sprinkle. The goal of the event is to provide 75 moms with baby items and to help ease the stress these new moms experience when welcoming a new little one. Expectant moms will be provided with diapers, baby wipes, bottles, clothing, and much more.
- Your Place At The Table. The mission of Your Place At The Table (YPATT) is to nourish, empower, and provide a compassionate touch to families in the local community. The Live United Mini-Grant will support the organization’s mission by allowing YPATT to continue to provide families in need with healthy food alternatives. Funds from the Mini-Grant will be used to purchase fresh fruit, vegetables, milk, and eggs to support approximately 80 families, consisting of over 200 individuals, with food items for over a month and a half.