Small Business Program
For only a dollar a day, or $365 a year, your business becomes a member of the LIVE UNITED 365 Small Business Circle. United Way of Gloucester County (UWGC) has created an easy, affordable, and effective way for companies with fewer than 35 employees to give back to their community. Being a 365 Small Business Circle member aligns your business with the strong LIVE UNITED brand, recognized as one of the Top 10 most recognizable nonprofit brands in the world. You will receive an exclusive LIVE UNITED 365 Small Business Circle decal to display and show your customers your commitment to the community, plus you’ll receive many other member benefits. Use your Google account to sign up for this important program electronically!
To learn more about the 365 Small Business Circle, please contact Donna Murphy at 856-845-4303 ext. 180 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Riggs Creative Group is proud to support our Gloucester County neighbors in need by being a 365 Small Business Circle member, and by offering 10% off the cost of your creative services (up to $100 value) to all those who participate in the employee giving program. Especially during times of uncertainty, every contribution matters and the United Way ensures the funds you give go to solve pressing needs in our community.
United Way of Gloucester County is Pleased to Announce
that the 2022 Live United Mini-Grants Have Been Awarded
that the 2022 Live United Mini-Grants Have Been Awarded
The United Way of Gloucester County is pleased to announce that 17 local nonprofits will receive funding from the Live United Mini-Grant Program. These grants will go toward programs that provide services to Gloucester County residents. Funds were generated by the members of the Live United 365 Small Business Circle, an initiative for small businesses to give back to the community.
The investment made to UWGC by Members of the Live United 365 Small Business Circle provides funding up to $1,500 each for programs and agencies to conduct life-changing work in Gloucester County. Since 2015, this initiative has raised over $108,000 for 85 local programs.
To learn more about the United Way of Gloucester County or to donate, please visit our website. For more information about the Live United Mini-Grant Program, contact Michael Gower, Executive Director, at 856-845-4303 ext. 140 or email at email@example.com.
The following organizations received Mini-Grants for Year 2022:
- Booksmiles BookSmiles promotes literacy and the joy of reading by giving new or gently used books to children to lay the foundation for academic success. Funds provided by the Live United Mini-Grant program will be used to purchase Spanish-English bi-lingual books. These books are often requested by educators and social agencies but are rarely donated. 200 children in the community will receive new books to bring home.
- Boys & Girls Club of Gloucester County The Boys & Girls Club of Gloucester County will use funds from the Live United Mini-Grant program to support two educational programs, Power Hour and Project Learn. Power Hour provides members, aged 6 to 13 years, with the support, resources, and guidance necessary to complete their homework and start the next school day with a sense of confidence and ability. Project Learn is a multi-dimensional learning program that includes a variety of educational initiatives tailored to the needs and interests of club members. This grant will provide critically needed supplies, such as science kits, math radiation supplies, and calculators.
- Center for Independent Living of South Jersey The Live United Mini-Grant will provide funds for the Center for Independent Living of South Jersey’s Weekly Food Pantry program. CIL-SJ holds a weekly accessible drive through pantry and offers free delivery for clients that cannot find transportation. This program aims to meet the immediate needs for food and basic supplies of historically disenfranchised and vulnerable groups like those living with disabilities and low-income communities of color in our region. The funds will provide additional food and fully stock the pantry for one month, feeding between 120-160 people, many of whom are disabled and low-income.
- Clarifi, Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Delaware Valley Clarifi provides necessary resources to empower individuals to achieve financial resilience and positively empower communities. Funding from the Live-United Mini-Grant program will provide 10 one-on-one financial counseling sessions for low-to-moderate income (LMI) clients in Gloucester County. Counseling helps individuals reach a variety of goals such as purchasing a home, avoid foreclosure, reduce overall debts, increase credit scores, and create and maintain spending plans and budgets.
- Emmanuel Cancer Foundation Emmanuel Cancer Foundation provides free support to NJ families facing pediatric cancer, including in-home counseling and a lifeline to those overwhelmed by the financial strains associated with cancer treatment. Nearly 60% of ECF families live below the poverty level. This program will be able to ensure families have gas in their cars for doctor appointments and food on the table. The Live United Mini-Grant will provide supermarket and gas gift cards to families in need.
- Greater Woodbury Cooperative Ministries, Inc. The Live United Mini-Grant program will provide funds to the Greater Woodbury Cooperative Ministries’ Food Pantry to purchase fresh protein products to distribute to Gloucester County residents in need of food assistance. This funding will supplement the pantry’s government commodities for one month and provide clients a healthy balanced diet.
- Newfield Terrace Community Action Organization Newfield Terrace Community Action Organization works to improve the lives of youth in our community by offering enrichment programming. This programming includes weekly community service projects, social emotional workshops/learning, art expression, academic support, and a healthy meal. Funding from the Live United Mini-Grant will go towards programming and provide 2-4 financial planning workshops for youth and the community to learn more in-depth information regarding financial skills and tools.
- People for People Foundation of Gloucester County, Inc. With the Live United Mini-Grant funding, the People for the People Foundation will be able to provide support and emergency assistance to five Veterans through their Veteran Rapid Response program. This program provides help for low-to-moderate income Veterans and their families quickly, within hours with funds for items such as food, medications, baby formula, diapers, rent, utility shutoffs, emergency oil, medical transportation, and other emergent needs.
- Professional Trainers Advancing Humanity Initiative Inc. (P.T.A.H.) P.T.A.H. Initiative’s Community Learning Center will provide direct access to computers and information four days a week during extended out of school hours to students and residents that require these functions for academic, personal, or professional reasons. P.T.A.H. will be able to purchase three Chromebooks, educational software, and supplies for the Community Learning Center with the Live United Mini-Grant funding.
- Renaissance Village Youth Center*** Renaissance Village Youth Center focuses on preparing teenaged children, both socially and emotionally, to be financially independent leaders in their communities. The RVYC Entrepreneurial Training Program, directly supports at risk youth in South Jersey, by giving them a place to work and learn basic small business practices. The funds from the Live United Mini-Grant will go towards purchasing a point of sale system, branded tent and marketing materials, uniforms, and the proper equipment to travel with food to restaurant pop-up events.
- Shadow Equestrian, Inc. SHADOW Equestrian provides low-cost therapeutic riding instruction for physically and mentally disabled children. Funds from the Live United Mini-Grant will be used to create a positive experience at the 20th Annual SHADOW Equestrian Trail-a-Thon by providing trophies and awards for over 30 participants. The Trail-a-Thon is an important event, where riders participate in an obstacle course that highlights the skills they have developed during the year.
- South Jersey Dream Center The Live United Mini-Grant will provide support to South Jersey Dream Center’s distribution of food, clothing, household, and essential baby items to those in need. This program provides basic needs to community residents that need essentials to support themselves and their families. The South Jersey Dream Center will use funds from the Live United Mini-Grant to purchase a commercial refrigerator that will help alleviate food storage challenges.
- South Jersey Robotics The Live United Mini-Grant will provide funds to South Jersey Robotics to develop workshop training and mentoring resources that will help after-school programs. These programs are designed to counteract the prolonged periods of remote learning and inspire youth through hands-on STEM learning. Adult facilitators will be trained and equipped with a strong understanding of how to achieve science, technology, engineering, and math learning objectives. Funding will be used to purchase workbook training materials, training delivery (classes, tutorials, eLearning), and web conferencing tools.
- Special Events for Special Kids Special Events for Special Kids (SE4SK) provides a safe environment for children with special needs and/or disabilities to have fun, as well as offers a supportive environment for parents and families. The funds from the Live United Mini-Grant will go towards supporting SE4SK’s Winter Festival, including event rentals and goodie bag supplies for approximately 80-100 children with disabilities, ages 3 to 18.
- Viola’s Place Viola’s Place is a resource center that serves women and children who have suffered through domestic violence, not excluding emotional, sexual, financial, and physical abuse. Viola’s Place will use funds from the Live United Mini-Grant to support their program YES Girl (THRIVE), an empowerment program for 20 girls, aged 10 to 14 years old. Through this program, girls will learn skills to empower themselves, build self-esteem, identify personal goals, learn about health and nutrition, and improve their social, mental, and emotional health by providing knowledge and guidance.
- Your Place At The Table Your Place At The Table (YPATT) restores a feeling of self-sufficiency and individuality in all those who partake in their food pantry. Each family is given the power and freedom to make their own food choices. The “CHOOSE YOUR OWN FOOD” program seeks to build decision making and planning skills to support the entire family and offers a choice model delivery option. Funds from the Live United Mini-Grant will be used to purchase fresh fruit, vegetables, milk, and eggs for approximately 80 families or 200 adults and children.
- 65th Annual Campaign Kickoff Mini Grant Recipient: The Lighthouse Community Center This funding was raised by the United Way of Gloucester County’s Integrated Communication Resource Committee at the 65th Annual Campaign Kickoff Event on August 18th, 2022. Over 20 donors from our community contributed to this fund to support life changing work in Gloucester County. The Lighthouse Community Center helps people navigate life through education, mentoring, job and life skills training, and keeping people from danger by providing for physical, emotional, and relational needs. Funding will support the free hot meal distribution program. This program provides healthy and nutritious meals to 80 to 100 individuals twice per month. The Live United Mini-Grant will go towards purchasing a commercial hood with exhaust and fire suppression system, which is critically needed to safely prepare and serve food to the community.
*** Note: Renaissance Village Youth Center ceased operations on November 1, 2022.