It is a pleasure to share this 2018 report with the community, especially to
those who Give, Advocate, and Volunteer for our local United Way.
The United Way of Gloucester County strives to ensure that every person in
this County has the opportunity to improve their economic status, has access
to healthcare and health-related resources, and is able to affordably attain
Because of you, in 2018 the United Way of Gloucester County:
- provided almost $639,000 to 28 health and human services
programs through our annual Community Impact grant program
and mini-grant program;
- launched the Live United 365 Small Business Circle, which grew to
19 members in its first year to provide 9 “Live United” mini-grants to local nonprofit programs;
- witnessed the continued growth of our transportation initiative, the Pureland East-West Community
Shuttle. In October, the shuttle began offering Saturday service hours as part of a six-month pilot
program, and it continues to grow with 46,854 rides in 2018, costing riders only $1.00 per ride;
- worked with 57 organizations to collect 18,069 pounds of food, equaling over 15,000 meals, and several
hundred pounds of pet food through our annual “Gloucester County Cares about Hunger” food drive.
We’ve collected 179,951 pounds of food in the last 13 years;
- partnered with the Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce for the first annual Day of Action, a day
of community service where 80 volunteers helped 7 agencies in Gloucester County;
- provided over 200 backpacks and dozens of school supplies to students in need during our summer
backpack drive so they can start the new school year with all the essentials they need to be successful;
- worked with 53 organizations for the Toys for Tots collection to brighten the holiday season for
thousands of local families.
- facilitated free AARP Tax Preparation Services at seven locations over a ten week period, serving 3,253
clients. Based on an estimated savings of $200 per return, the clients saved over $461,600 in tax filing
fees, with refunds totaling almost $2 million.
With your help, we will continue to expand services and increase our impact in the areas of Education, Financial
Stability, and Health. To live better lives, we must Live United.
Thank you for your contributions to the United Way of Gloucester County. You are Somebody!